Every penny counts
Bushfire Family UK’s limited costs and overheads are funded separately, so apart from a minimal admin cost charged by Stewardship (see Get involved
), every penny of Bushfire Family giving goes straight to Uganda where its needed. And our wonderful supporters go right across the board:
- Our regular gang, who have set up monthly direct debits to fund the most basic needs of children and staff, (ranging from £20 to £500 a month)
- One donor who single-handedly funded medical supplies for the Bushfire on site clinic for 12 months
- The CEO of a business, who decided to run the New York marathon, and in one fell swoop raised the funds for the building of the Primary school
- Olivia (aged 13) who got together with some mates at school and raised £300 to buy bicycles for the staff
- A Primary school in West London who adore Sam's visits whenever he comes to London
- A community group within a leading telecoms PLC, whose creativity in fundraising knows no bounds
- A recent and significant gift which has made a huge difference to the vocational school and farming projects, enabling those kids not going on to higher education to learn the skills that will enable them to make a living.
The list goes on, and Bushfire's growth and progress over the last few years has been hugely inspiring. However, whilst Sam and the staff are committed to the long term goal of the home being self sustaining, in the short to medium term the challenge of building that future is substantial and funding remains a priority.
Whatever you can do, the range of needs goes from the very small to the very big - It all matters. Please come and join us.